We are currently looking to expand and are seeking enthusiastic people to join Nonreligion and Secularity’s editorial team.
As well as helping to build upon the initial success of the blog, new team members will have the opportunity to play a dynamic role in the blog’s ongoing development and its vision for the future.
Depending on experience, successful applicants will undertake some, or all, or the following responsibilities:
- Conducting editorial reviews of blog submissions
- Soliciting commissions from potential blog authors
- Responding to submissions of outlined proposals for articles
- Copy editing and publishing posts to the blog
- Monitoring comments and responses to published blog articles
- Dealing with general blog enquiries
- Promoting the blog via social media and other sources
- Working with the other team members on ways to enhance and improve the blog website and increase exposure and traffic
- Engaging in virtual team meetings, via email or Skype, to discuss ongoing blog developments.
We welcome applications from people in all stages of their academic career, including post-graduate students and early career researchers. Research experience within the field of nonreligion and secularity, or previous experience of blogging, is useful but not essential. We are also keen to hear from applicants working in other related research areas who feel they can offer a valuable external perspective on topics of N&S research.
The positions are unpaid, but they offer applicants an opportunity to increase their editorial experience and the chance to engage with researchers and authors at the forefront of nonreligion and secularity research, as well as being a beneficial addition to their CV.
If you would be interested in joining the blog team please send a short cover note and CV by email to blog editor Lorna Mumford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for applications: Friday 17th January 2014